Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Correction

It has been pointed out to me that the Hit Team in Tuesday's game scored three runs in their part of the 7th inning. That would make the final score 18-10-16 and Ron Thompson the winning pitcher. Unfortunately no one kept score.  The score sheet is blank in the 7th for the Hit Team.  I know we're all getting tired by then but we should make an effort, no? 

In addition, I would complain that scorekeepers are not recording frames correctly.  The fielding team (as an example only ) scored three runs on the score sheet in the final frame without noting a single hit.  That probably means that someone was short changed on the 'Key Hitters' portion of the write-up, at least.

If you don't know how to keep score, please pass the sheet to someone who does.  Frankly it's not all that important, I suppose. But we should be able to count to three for outs and record runs scored. The folks that write the game summaries are dependent on having fairly accurate score sheets especially three hours after the games end, and don't appreciate being criticized when they can't read them or they're not marked up at least semi-properly.  

As one who gets to write up more than my share of these games, I really don't care about errors or whether a fly ball was an infield fly or whether someone walked on four straight or whether someone struck out (unless it was the commish) but I do like to get, at least, the runs straight. And I do have to tell you, my memory ain't all that great anymore, especially after my nap.  

Let's make an effort.

By the way, while I'm venting,  will someone please step up and volunteer to take over this here web blog?  I need a break in case you couldn't tell.

Ron




No comments:

Post a Comment