Friday, March 25, 2022

Tuesday March 22 Field C

Today is the day that we resumed play down at the old ball park.  The Flyers were there and the Nationals were there and lo and behold, a bunch of old Yankees with their General Sam Lopez showed up and wanted to join us.  Why not?  Let's have a 3 team game. I guess the outcome was as exciting as a three team game can be.  The final score was 18-13-18.  Going into the bottom of the 7th, the Flyers had 13, the Yankees has 18, and the Nationals had 13 but they still hadn't batted.  They scored 5 to tie the Yankees and stranded a winning run on 3rd.  A good time was had by all as we lent players to one team or another, so that all teams could field 11.  I only have the score sheet of the Nats, but the other 2 teams must have had many hits to score 18 and 13 runs respectively.  As for the Nats, the stars were Testa, Hite, Muniz, Learn and Pepin, who had 3 hits each.  I have to mention our clean-up hitter, Jerry de Jongh who hit 5 long balls to the outfield but 4 of them were caught.  However, one was hit deep enough for a home run.

This will be my last write-up as our 3 remaining games are on the road.  Unfortunately, this will be my last year, and I must say that the past 25 years have been a blast and left me with many memories and good friends that I will always remember.

I want to thank Don Witmer for picking our team and he did a super job as we had an outstanding season and were only upstaged by the Dukes, managed by Steve Hill.  Congratulations, Dukes.  I also want to thank all the National players as they have been one of the most enjoyable guys to manage.  I also want to thank Charlene Pepin for keeping score as It was easy to read to do my write-ups.

In closing, I believe that we will all meet again somewhere.  Many thanks for making my stay so enjoyable.

Regards, Elmer Black

 

P.S.  Please continue to support the Elbert Elementary School Angel Tree as you have in the past.  Robert and Linda Spitaleri will be taking over these duties and I know they will do a good job.  Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment